Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Challenge Update #6

Da' Hubby is not a fan of me this month. He is so jealous that I want to read and not be next to him when we are at home. Over the weekend he took a nap on the couch so instead of waking him up by turning on the light I moved over to the chair next to the window to read. When he woke up he was sad because I "abandoned him"  I was literally on the other side of the coffee table. But ya gotta love him for wanting to spend so much time with me (even if he is passed out and I am wide awake). Anyway I am 4 books ahead of schedule on my challenge and I am pretty deep into 2 other books right now. 

Soul of The Fire (Book 5 in the Sword of Truth Series) by Terry Goodkind  - Amazon - GoodReads - Audible

The audio on this one was much better than the previous book. I got angry more than once in this book, I felt that Richard was being stupid in parts. I understand I am reading the book so I remember what happen months ago in the story was only a few chapters back but how can you forget getting married even if there was no ceremony. So much of this book could have been easier on the whole gang if he had remembered the woman he saved. I also missed Zedd in this book he was not in it very much which is sad I love Zedd. I also felt like he focused so much time on Anderith and the officals in it and not the main group of characters. It makes since to give some background and build the town because we know nothing about it but I think there was too much focus on it unless they turn into bigger characters later in the series. All in all it was a great continuation of the series. And can I just say OMG Kahlan at the end of the book ( I do not want to spoil it but seriously!!!)
♥♥♥.5 out of 5 (too much on Anderith and such a slow pace in the beginning)

Cloaked by Alex Flinn - Amazon - GoodReads - Audible

I love the mixing and combining of Fairy Tales that Alex does. I am a big fan of these remakes. I feel like some of the things that happened were a bit expected, like the love interest or the witch part and even the fox. Despite all of that it was a great book and I have been recommending it the people even before I finished it. Since the book is a big mixing pot of fairy tales I think that you are going to know what will happen if you have read the fairy tales. But I need to pick up another of Alex's books if they are anything like the 3 have I have just read. 
 ♥♥♥♥ out of 5 

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (Book 1 Chronicles of Narnia) - Amazon - Goodreads - Audible 

I read this book when I was in school but I am not sure if I even finished the series of just read the book required. I have decided that I really enjoyed it this time around (when I am forced to read something I usually do not like it.) After rereading it I am going to read this with my sister, I think she will really enjoy it and it will help with her reading ability. This is a great children's book and I hope to share it with my future kids as well. 
♥♥♥♥♥ out of 5 
great read as a child, sibling, or parent - good book to share

It's a Chick Thing : Celebrating the Wild Side of Women's Friendship - A collection of stories Edited by Ame Mahler Beanland - Amazon - Goodreads 

This light-hearted books is a bunch of stories about friendships. It talks about the bad times when your friends are always there for you, when they get you in trouble, or you get them in trouble, and the connection you have. I think this is a great easy read for a girls trip, while tanning at the beach read this book and start sharing stories with your gal pals. 
♥♥♥.5 out of 5 
Not something I would reread but it was cute


The Trench (Book 2 Meg Series) By Steve Alten - Amazon - Goodreads - Audible

Of course I enjoyed this book it is about Sharks!!! Angel was amazing and terrifying. Jonas was stubborn, stupid, and so determined. This book is not focused on the shark as much but the trench as the name states. I liked how you really see the motives of the characters in this sequel. We find out things about Jonas' past that even he didn't know/realize. We find that Terry is a bada** and her and Jonas' love is stronger than a prehistoric shark or sadistic billionaire. If it had not been for Da'Hubby wanting my light turned off last night I would have started book 3 as soon as I sat this one down. 

♥♥♥♥.5 out of 5 
I was a bit lost in the techno-babble but it was needed for the story 


The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - Amazon - Goodreads 

I picked this book up half on a whim and half because Phillip DeFranco (SourceFed & such) said it was one of his favorites like last year or something. Anyway I was pleasantly surprised by this book, and I too love it! As I said on Goodreads it is heartbreakingly wonderful. Chbosky talks about a bunch of really deep stuff but from the perspective of someone who is not fully emotionally or psychologically able to handle it. This little wallflower grows in maturity throughout the book and watching him grow is amazing. I already have this on my netflix queue to be delivered so I can share this book/movie with Da' Hubby. 

♥♥♥♥♥ out of 5 
absolutely will be re-reading  



Previous challenge update posts: January - February - March - April - May

No comments:

Post a Comment