Friday, January 27, 2012

TFIOS

I am not sure if I have mentioned this on here before but I am a Nerdfighter. That  does not mean that I am a bully, that means that I am a HUGE nerd and am proud of it. But what it really means is that I follow the Vlogbrothers on youtube; it is John and Hank Green and the community that follows them is called Nerdfighters.




Anywho I mention that to say I have read (ok listened on Audible at work) John's latest book 'The Fault in Our Stars'. I LOVED it! Ok so I have yet to read a John Green book that I didn't like but seriously OH MY GOODNESS.  If I had not been at work when I listened to this book I would have cried my eyes out. I am going to the book store to get the hard copy of this book ASAP. (If I am lucky it will be signed & if I am SUPER lucky it will have a hanklerfish or a yeti in it) This book was so sad, so sweet, so amazing, frustrating at parts, and others all you felt was pity. It is a tragic love story, that just thinking about it gives my goosebumps. This book is in my top 10 favorite books right now. I knew some of what the book was about going in to it based on the vlogs from John but I did not get how much I would feel for the characters. I felt their pain, I felt their sorrow, I got flustered at their love and felt their anger. This book brings you into their world, makes you know how it feels to be in their shoes. I am blessed to have never been put in their situation  so far in my life but I am glad this book is out their for when others are. Basically I think you should read it. I think everyone should read it. I understand that young adult fiction is not for everyone but it is seriously an amazing book!

Let me know what books y'all have felt so strongly about after you read it, or just some of your favorites.


bocboc

No comments:

Post a Comment