Monday, March 3, 2014

Book Challenge Update #2

According to Goodreads I am 1 book ahead of schedule for my goal which is super awesome! But here are my reads and reviews for February.


Adulting by Kelly Williams Brown. I have a whole post dedicated to this book I enjoyed it so much (you can read it here.) 
♥♥♥♥♥ out of 5


(Picture totally stolen from Ashley's blog - So now you have to check her out!)

*I am going to pimp out my friends new book again.* Silence by Ashley McNeil This one was a re-edit of a book from a while back and my first time to read it. This book  was amazing I knocked it out in 2 days and it would have been sooner if I did not have things to do. The characters were fantastic the love story had so many feels. Layna is such a strong character and I hope to be as strong as she is, I just don't want to suffer through the pain she had to endure to get there. This is one of those books you hope they turn into a movie but then again you don't because they may ruin it. Layna is deaf in the book and I think that makes her that more impressive to me. 

And seriously if you have not checked out Ashley yet hop over to her blog, she is incredible. Right now she is posting a miniseries from her other book Something Worth Fighting For, based on Adam And Darcy's story. 
♥♥♥♥♥ out of 5 

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs Since I enjoyed the first book I had to read this one too. It took me a bit to get into this one but I loved it! In this one they did more traveling and we met more "Peculiars" and the pictures were incredible. This book wants me to get into photography just so I can learn how they were able to make the images like the one on the cover. I do not want to spoil the first book by giving details but Jacob comes into his peculiar abilities more and relates to his grandfather more. The First book was better but I will defiantly want to re-read this series. 
♥♥♥1/2 out of 5


The Death Cure by James Dashner I have finished the Maze Runner Series, well all except the prequel but after Star Wars I am always a bit leery of prequels written/made after the fact (which is what prequel means...genius). I really hated Teresa and WICKED during this book. Okay I have hated WICKED from the beginning of the series but this book made me hate Teresa, she flip-flops so much and I cannot tell her true feelings. I think that WICKED started off good but had bad leadership and some stubborn employees and it turned the group evil. But who am I to rationalize what they did. I really liked the ending it is unusual for a dystopian novel to have a happy ending like this one but I am a fan of the series and cannot wait to watch the movies. 

♥♥♥♥ out of 5 (all because of Teresa)


Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind If you have been with me for a while than you know that I LOVED the TV series Legend of The Seeker that this series is based off of (post here). I started to read it right after I watched the series because I was having some story hangover from it, but I stopped in the middle of the book. I am so glad I picked it back up. There are many differences from the book and the show (which always happens I do not know why I am surprised). There are more Wizards in the book than in the tv series which threw me off a bit (probably because I had to make up the person in my head instead of recalling the character from the show). I am actually kind of sad about some deaths that were in the book and not the show because in the show the character grows on you but in the book you almost start to like her and then she dies (that is all the spoilers I am giving no names). Anyway before I give too much away I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait to start the next one.

♥♥♥♥1/2 out of 5


Check out last month's reviews  -   50 Books By The End of The Year


No comments:

Post a Comment