Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Book Club: Ender's Game

If you want a book that you will not be able to put down, or you are interested in getting a foot in the sci-fi door  this is a book for you. Ender's Game is book 1 of the Ender's quintet and so far I highly recommend the series (especially since the movie will be out 11/1/13)


Synopsis:

To protect themselves for the impending war the world government started breeding child geniuses to become soldiers. Young Andrew "Ender" Wiggins lives with his distant parents, a sister Valentine whom he adores, and his sadistic older brother Peter, when he is accepted into the orbiting training school. Peter and Valentine were both candidates who did not make the cut. Once in the school it is clear that Ender could be the young man the world is looking for, despite rigorous training, bullying, and isolation. This book is about war, compassion, aliens. 


What I Thought:

I LOVE this book! As soon as I finished reading it I downloaded the next book in the series. There are many times when I felt so bad for Ender. So often I forget that he is so young, the way he talks about life, death, and strategy you would think he was much older than 12 or 13. Orson Scott Card did such a great job pulling me into this story, I was having dreams that I was part of Ender's crew and we were fighting in zero-G against the whole school. They made Ender so isolated that the only friend he had was his own thoughts and his strategic creativity was incredible. 

Rating:

4.5 out of 5

Movie Trailer (just in case you haven't seen it yet)


bocboc

Have you read this book? What are your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment