Friday, October 19, 2012

Countdown to Halloween: Movies!

Untitled

I love Halloween movies! But not all of them I like the silly ones the best. 
So I am going to countdown the best Halloween movies. 


 1. Army of Darkness by Sam Raimi
We watched this last night and I could not stop laughing. Great adult, non-scary, completely cheesy movie. 

2. Little Shop of Horrors (Rick Moranis version) by Frank Oz
Little Shop of Horrors (Keep Case Packaging)
This can be watched by the whole family and has great songs. The Mister HATES  musicals but loves this movie. 

3. Nightmare Before Christmas by Tim Burton 
The Nightmare Before Christmas
This movie was a hard one to place because it is not only a great Halloween movie but also an amazing Christmas movie. The Mister said it is best to watch this in November because it is in the middle of the two. 

4. Hocus Pocus starring Bette Midler
Hocus Pocus
No Halloween movie list would be complete without this movie! It has witches, trick or treating, a black cat, a zombie, spells, the song "I Put a Spell on You". Oh it is just amazing.

5. Rocky Horror Picture Show starring Tim Curry
Y'all already know how much I enjoy campy movies and musicals, so this is a must have on my list! I mean seriously Tim Curry in DRAG and the Time Warp, people dressing up to see the show!!!! Amazing

6. Young Frankenstein by Mel Brooks 
Young Frankenstein
We actually own 2 copies of this movie (as well as a few other Mel Brooks shows). What can I say The Mister and I love the same types of movies. I am always quoting this movie!! 

7. Dracula: Dead and Loving It by Mel Brooks
Dracula - Dead and Loving It
Mel Brooks, Leslie Nielsen what else could a lady ask for in a Halloween movie? This show has the perfect amount of cheese in it and it is perfect!

I would recommend watching all of them but I am only going to put the first one on here. Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd! This series is amazing for the whole family!

Shaun of the Dead
Can you tell I like spoofs? I mean seriously Simon Pegg killing zombies, why would this not be on your list?

The Addams Family / Addams Family Values
Morticia, Cousin Itt, Wednesday and Uncle Fester those 4 make this movie. I have always loved The Addams Family and Halloween is the best time to watch it. 

11. Sleepy Hollow by Tim Burton
Sleepy Hollow
Tim Burton makes the best movies, well him and Mel Brooks. This movie is not as cheesy as the rest of the list but it is still a great 'scary' Halloween movie. 

Casper (Full Screen Special Edition)
This is another good children's Halloween movie. When I was younger I thought Casper was the cutest, and was so jealous that Christina Ricci got to dance with him at the end. 

Halloweentown/ Halloweentown II -  Kalabar's Revenge
Halloween High was not as good and I hear that Return to Halloweentown they replaced Marnie with a different actress. I say stick to the first 2 and you (and your children) will be happy. 

14. Beetlejuice by Tim Burton
Yet another Tim Burton movie. This one is a year-round favorite but I love watching it during December the best.

15. Grimlins by Stephen Spelberg
Gremlins (Special Edition)
Ok so is it cheating that I only picked this one because of my love of Gizmo, I mean he is too cute!!!


Transylvania 6-5000
Like Army of Darkness this year was my first time to ever watch this movie and I instantly fell in love with it & knew it would forever be a Halloween staple in my house. 


bocboc

What are your favorite Halloween movies??


No comments:

Post a Comment