Monday, October 22, 2012

Countdown to Halloween: Music!

Untitled

How else are you going to get into the Halloween spirit without listening to Halloween music? There is not as much Halloween music as there is Christmas Music but that does not mean there is not some good songs. 

1. Monster Mash by  Boris Pickett
When I think of Halloween songs this is the first one to pop into my head and I love it! Plus how great was the video?

2. Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley
Another classic Halloween song. This video is not as cleaver as the last but we get to see that was aired in 1958!

3. Witch Doctor by David Seville
I sing this song to The Princess all the time and we love it! This is a love song but it is still such a great Halloween song!

4. Big Trouble by Trout Fishing in America
This silly song by my all time favorite children singers, pokes fun at the monsters. I think this is a good way for children to not be as afraid of monsters, make them sound silly!

5.I Put a Spell on You (Bette Midler version)
Not only is the song great but the movie is amazing! I love the Bette Midler version but all of the versions I have heard of this song are good. 

6. This is Halloween  from Nightmare Before Christmas
This song is creepy and fun and everything Halloween should be.

7. Thriller by Michael Jackson
This video is like a mini scary movie/musical. Great Halloween tunes.

8. Devil Went Down to Georgia by Charlie Daniels Band
This song is good in any season with that fiddle battle. But saving your soul from the Devil makes for a good Halloween song. 

10. Highway to Hell by AC/DC
People will get real tired if you play nothing but kiddie Halloween songs so they need some good songs like this song. I would be hard-pressed to find someone who hates AC/DC and this song fits a Halloween theme. 
bocboc

What songs get you in the mood for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment