Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Daily Challenges - Journal Day





Here's this week's prompt from Something Sweet-  

We all encounter challenges on a daily basis. You may consider yours something small, like having enough time in the day to accomplish everything you set out to do, or it may be a bit bigger- perhaps something you have to overcome mentally or emotionally, or even a struggle when dealing with a difficult person. Whatever the case, take a look at your daily life- what would you say is the biggest challenge you deal with? Or if you have a past struggle you were able to overcome, how did you do it? This week, write about a challenge you currently deal with on a day to day basis, or discuss one you managed to get past.
 If I were to be 100% honest the biggest challenge I deal with is pure laziness. It is true that I have stomach issues from time to time but I think that has just made me lazier. Anytime my stomach feels different than it should (not hungry, full, have to use the restroom, gassy, or otherwise) I automatically feel the need to sit or lay down until it feels normal. It is an anxiety thing, since I know when I have an anxiety attack I get very nauseous, I automatically assume that if my stomach feels off I need to calm down. In the past I never did this, I just ignored it. I am now hypersensitive to anything dealing with my stomach. All of this has made me stagnate.

When I get home from work I cook dinner, check on the plants outside, check the mail, and then sit on the couch to eat with Da' Hubby and do not move until we go to the bedroom. I shower and he will clean the kitchen and I get out go to bed and he jumps in the shower. We play on our tablets, watch tv, or read a book but that is it, that is our whole Monday-Thursday after work. On the weekends we run errands, shop, do house work, garden, visit family, etc.

I wish I was the type of person to get home eat, go to the gym, go to the bar, or whatever normal people do. I am going to try to be more active. I actually have plans to join a group that is going to work on playground for special needs students in my area. This is going to help me break out of my shell, get my foot in the door for teaching, help students in my area, and get me off my lazy butt.


I love how this is kind of free flow and I am able to just ramble about a topic, it is very cathartic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment