Thursday, February 27, 2014

Journal Day (2)


Here's this week's prompt-
We all have songs that really mean something to us. Often just hearing it can take us right back to that place and we are able to re-experience the memory associated with the song. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but either way music has the ability to really draw things out of us and evoke deep emotion. Choose a song that has a particular meaning to you. Tell the story of the memory associated with the song, sharing as much detail as you can. Take us there; let us experience it with you.

The song is Sittin' at the Bar by Rehab.
The time I was in high school, in my dating the bad boy stage. I was with Eric and I thought I was in love. He was my brother's friend and he was in car clubs he was the older bad boy and I was swept up in all that magic. He had blonde short hair but had enough on top that you knew it was curly, piercing blue eyes, just the right amount of  beard and was short but built. He had the'V' that makes all girls go weak in the knees and is was from real work not the gym.

We were hanging out with his friends from the car club I can remember the bright orange Ford F-150 with orange interior and a screen in the steering wheel, the lowered cars and trucks but my favorite was the Ford. We had just left the tattoo parlor were Eric had just gotten some piercings I cannot remember if it was his tongue or his nipples this time but we were heading to one of the members of the car clubs house.

We had just showed up, the music was blaring, there was drinking and smoking various conversations and an all round good time. Not a place I should have been but I was not partaking in the activities that were above my age limit. This song came on and I can remember the guys singing this song like it was their anthem. The other girlfriends and myself just laughed at our guys and I could not help but admire the guy I was with. It is silly because the song and its meaning has no meaning to me and had no effect on the feeling I had at that point in time.

We broke up months later Over and Over by Nelly featuring Tim McGraw was the song I connect with that, I saw him not even a week later with a girl and I was heart broken. This song happened to be popular on the radio and I wept every time I heard it. I felt that this song was written for my current situation.

Are you taking part in Sometime's Sweet journal adventure? If so put the link below I would love to read it.



Last weeks post - Crossroads

No comments:

Post a Comment