Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Countdown to Halloween Movie Edition: The Mummy (1932)

Untitled

This is one of those old movies that I have always wanted to watch but have never gotten around to. I am not turned away from a show being black and white or being from before the 80's, Heck I actually love some old movies ( just usually not westerns).

Mummy

I was not blown away by this movie but it was okay. I feel like I should love this movie because it was the beginning but I just can't.  I was able to mark it off my list and it has Boris Karloff in it.
SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!!

This is just like any mummy film a mummy comes to life, mummy awakens spirit of lost love, blah blah blah.
There was nothing that set this movie apart really except this was the first movie like that. All of the other mummy movies have copied this one! I do not know what I was expecting when I started watching this but I just was not captivated. I wish I was I love old movies just not this one I guess.

bocboc

What about you, have you ever watched a movie hoping you would love it just to find you think it is okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment