Friday, October 25, 2013

Count Down to Halloween: Movie club edition: Children of the Corn

Untitled

So for this small little countdown I am just going to review a bunch of Halloween movies. I am starting with a show I am not even sure I have seen before Steven King's Children of the Corn.
Children of the corn

Okay, after watching this I can tell you that I should have watched it sooner. Y'all know how much I love my cheesy movies but this was a little much for me. I understand that it was made in 1984 so the CGI is not that good but seriously this was special. I was going into this movie thinking I was going to be so scared and to be honest I was a bit bored with it. I was not scared, at the edge of my seat, or anything of that nature. Once it got to the end and the 'special' graphics hit the screen I was a bit more interested (you know because of my love for cheese) but it was not enough to hold me.

Malachai killed me in this, I could not get over his face I do not know what it was but the lips/teeth proportion were so off I could not take him seriously. All in all I think that I am glad I watched this movie so I can mark it off my list of movies to watch but I cannot say I will buy the movie or go out of my way to watch it again.
bocboc

What do you think? Have you seen this movie, did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment