Monday, October 28, 2013

Countdown to Halloween Movie Edition: House at the End of the Street

Untitled

I have been on the fence about seeing this movie. I love Jennifer Lawrence, but I am not big into actually scary movies. Cheesy horror is more of my pick, I can handle suspense, I can handle gore but scary movies are not my favorite. I am starting the movie now so let's see what I think in 1 hr and 40 minutes from now.

house at the end of the street

Well I just finished it and I was just not impressed. Of course J. Lawrence was good, heck the acting was great. Going into this movie I thought it was going to be scary suspenseful but it really wasn't. The action really does not start until the last 30 minutes of the movie. Don't get me wrong the last 30 minutes were great but it did not make up for the slow hour leading up to it. I think that so much of the story is in the end, they really should have spread it out a bit more. 

I do not think I will be buying this movie but I am glad I watched it. The trailer for this movie was more suspenseful than the actual movie. Seriously the majority of the trailer was scenes from the last 30 minutes of the movie, I feel like I do not even need to say spoilers since the trailer did that already.   

bocboc

So have y'all seen this movie? If so what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment