Saturday, October 26, 2013

Countdown to Halloween Movie Edition: Cabin in the Woods

Untitled

This is a movie I was actually really excited to review because Joss Whedon is one of the writers and the hottie that is Chris Hemsworth is in it. I will watch any movie with either Hemsworth brother in it, or with Joss Whedon in the credits. I should also mention if you are a Dollhouse fan (which I am assuming you are based on Joss Whedon being the writer of that show) that Fran Kranz as in Topher frickin' Brink is in this movie.

The Cabin at the end of the woods

According to IMDb the just of the movie is :
Five friends go for a break at a remote cabin in the woods, where they get more than they bargained for. Together, they must discover the truth behind the cabin in the woods.

I seriously like this movie a lot! I do not want to spoil anything but the monsters are amazing! This makes me love Topher (Fran Kranz) and Joss Whedon so much more. I can see myself watching this movie more often. This is like a (barely)horror movie with some classic Whedon one-liners and small bits of dark humor. I hope that if you have not seen this movie you totally should. This is not a scary movie but it is very gory. 

Going in to this movie I was expecting so much because of the names in it and I was happily pleased.  At first I could not get why what was happening was happening, but after a while I started to understand. I think if I rewatched this movie I would notice some more hidden gems. Is it sad I hope there is a second one, even though I know there will not be one. I was just seriously happy with my decision to watch this movie. 

bocboc

Have you seen this movie, if so what did you think? Also who do you fan girl after, where you watch anything they are in? I am totally like that with Joss Whedon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment