Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Movie Review - ParaNorman

Movie Review title

I figured I would try something new. Yes, I know how many times have I said that and it always falls through. Well I am always watching movies and TV so I figured I could possibly keep up with this. I am starting with a movie we just got in from Netflix... ParaNorman. 


This show was seriously cute! But let me tell you what IMDb has to say about it. 
"A misunderstood boy takes on ghosts, zombies, and grown-ups to save his town from a centuries old curse." It was also given a 7 out of 10 stars. 

The Mister fell asleep while we were watching this show but I thought it was great. I love cartoons, misunderstood /coming of age characters, anything sci-fy so this movie was right up my alley. Neil the little buddy is so funny, and the older brother cracked me up.  He knew his weaknesses and I thought it was so great that he was a homosexual. The dog scene was so funny, I laughed so hard in some parts I woke up The Mister. I really want to talk about all of my favorite parts, but I don't want to ruin the movie. I think the way Norman ended the curse was unexpected but a great way to end the movie. It had its 'scary moments' that I knew it would be a while before The Princess could watch it, but it is a great movie & I will be watching it on Halloween.  It is a family show but it also teaches great lessons. 

Even the tagline struck a cord with me : 'You don't become a hero by being normal.'
So what y'all think? Have you seen this movie? Should I continue with this? 


bocboc

No comments:

Post a Comment