Monday, November 28, 2011

Homemade Christmas Presents

With the extra time off I had this weekend (best thing about Thanksgiving is 4 day weekend) I started working on Christmas presents. I only got two done but I did get my dent in my shopping too. Anyhooo, I saw this picture floating around Pinterest and I knew it screamed Deeder!
                                                                       Source: Uploaded by user via Jessica on Pinterest

Deeder is a hippy-type person, she love to be outside and she works as a counselor at the schools in our town so as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it for her. DISCLAIMER: So I have a bit of a step by step on how I did it, but there are tutorials EVERYWHERE and this was NOT my idea originally, I 'borrowed' the idea but the pictures below are all mine (as well as the mess on the wall I made).

I started out with these crayons, I know most of the bloggers use Crayola crayons but I just ran to the dollar store and got these SUPER cheap. 


image
They worked ok, next time I do this I may go for the Crayolas these were a bit waxy or watery I cannot figure it out.
image
Next I separated out the different colors and glued them to my canvas. I used Aleene's Jewel-it Glue, I know it is now really the right kind of glue but I received it as a gift with a bunch of fabric glue and since I am not a rhinestone girl I didn't think I would ever use it.
image
I cut out the couple kissing on my Silhouette and put it on my Canas before melting the crayons with a blowdryer. And look how pretty that is! I will have to post pictures of the green crayon one after I get a new glue gun. My gun decided to die on me so I could not attach my flowers. Oh well that means I get a new toy!!



bocboc
And if you are interested 

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment