Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Shark Book Series!!

Guys I cannot tell you how excited I am that I found a Shark novel that is actually good and on to of that it is apart of a series! Da'Hubby and I were at his best friend Tiny's house over the weekend for Comicpalooza and his wife Sloane  is also a shark lover. We were talking about our love of shows like Sharknado, Shark Week and Sharktopus and she remembers she has had the book Meg by Steve Alten for years. She gives it to me and I devoured the book. I went upstairs that night and read until I forced myself to sleep for the early day.

I swear that girl is the sweetest person ever!

I am in love with this book and I am so excited the read the 3 books that are in the series plus the prequel. I already downloaded the prequel since it is like a little mini book but I want the hard copy of the rest for my book shelf and for future reading.

Synopsis (Amazon)
On a top-secret dive into the Pacific Ocean's deepest canyon, Jonas Taylor found himself face-to-face with the largest and most ferocious predator in the history of the animal kingdom.  The sole survivor of the mission, Taylor is haunted by what he's sure he saw but still can't prove exists--Carcharodon megalodon, the massive mother of the great white shark.  The average prehistoric Meg weighs in at twenty tons and could tear apart a Tyrannosaurus rex in seconds.

Written off as a crackpot suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, Taylor refuses to forget the depths that nearly cost him his life.  With a Ph.D. in paleontology under his belt, Taylor spends years theorizing, lecturing, and writing about the possibility that Meg still feeds at the deepest levels of the sea.  But it takes an old friend in need to get him to return to the water, and a hotshot female submarine pilot to dare him back into a high-tech miniature sub.

Diving deeper than he ever has before, Taylor will face terror like he's never imagined, and what he finds could turn the tides bloody red until the end of time.
My thoughts:

I am going to agree with many others who have reviewed this book, it is a book for shark nerds. You cannot go into this book expecting Moby Dick, it is a Sy-Fy original movie in book form. This book knows what is is and does not try to be more than that. Ya, I knew what was going to happen to many characters before it happened but that did not take away my joy of this book. It had actual facts about sharks, whale migrations, and Navel issues. I have read some books that are cheesy but they think that you are stupid Alten does not do this, he does not insult your intelligence. How serious can a book be when it is talking about a 60' shark going on a killing spree? As long as you go into this book expecting an entertaining fast read you will be very happy.

My Rating:
♥♥♥♥♥ out of 5 
All in all this book gets 5 hearts from me because it is about sharks, I plan on reading it multiple times and I love the whole premise. 


What books are you reading now?



No comments:

Post a Comment